Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Take Time to Smell the Horses


Saturday afternoon our company picnic will be at Lone Star Park for dinner and the races. Well, I'm fired up. I'm on the annual party committee and we seem to have hit on a winner this year. We have had a huge turnout. Oil States is providing parking, admittance, programs, Lone Star Bucks and dinner for two adults. This is a pretty big deal and the employees are coming in droves. We are barely going to fit into the Pavilion Garden that we have reserved.

I have always loved horses, they just seem cool. We have been to Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie and it is incredible to see those animals churn and pull and drive when they come out of the starting gates. You have to go right down to the fences to get a real feel for what these powerful horses were bred to do.

The best part of this year's event is the Park is doing everything. The Party Committee just has to show up and eat and watch and enjoy. (at least, I hope, there can usually be some grumbling over something.)

Guess I'd better go study up on Trifectas, Quinellas and Daily Doubles. I understand my grandmother could always pick em and always bet on the first grey horse.

2 comments:

SubBlogger said...

Hey, the Horse Races were a hit! The night was perfect, the dinner was great food and I think just about everybody had a good time. We've been hearing 'did you win anything?' all day around here.

Wezie said...

You should have asked Preston for advice...He totally understands all of that betting stuff!