Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Comings and Goings

As Grandfather Clock used to say in Bible Hour many years ago - 'time, time not enough time, to do all the things that I want to.'

I am feeling such a blizzard of emotions. Time has blown by and now our son Trey will be married to Sara. It is a wonderful time in our lives, but I can't help remembering all our kids as babies. God is filling my heart with memories. Our family has been blessed over all these years. Frank and I never imagined (when he was 15 and I was 16 and called him out of the blue, to sit beside me in church that night) that we would have a life so complex. Our Christian beliefs have kept us united and given us strength. My driving desire to have children and now incredibly grandchildren is fulfilled. (oh, and don't forget a son-in-law and now a daughter-in law)

We have shared a roller-coaster of events. The birth of our kids are the three favorite days of my life. The heartache of his mother's stroke that kept her in a wheelchair with aphasia for fourteen years really defined Frank's dedication as a son. Now all our parents and grandparents are gone -"Flown Away". Even holding Cecil's hand as he passed away was a life changing event for me. We have been tested by life, mental turmoil has turned me inside out, Texas Steel going bankrupt, and uncounted surprises. Jesus has somehow been standing by though.

Okay, there's not enough time to list everything. Today, I am just counting my blessings and going one day at a time. Just say a little prayer for us all and I will be praying for you.

Sorry, this is a little melancholy (head like a melon and face like a collie), but time is blistering on.

No comments: