Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Calico Blues


Okay, I've been daydreaming for a few weeks that the perfect present for myself from a loving family member would be a little Calico Kitten for Christmas. Now of course I'm keeping this under wraps and not telling a soul. Just watching cat food commercials with my mouth watering.

Dreamily looking at pictures of furry kittys. This is what I've been thinking would replace a certain emptiness in my life since a certain little furry crazed animal left our planet.

Well, the skids have been knocked out from under me. Reality has come home.

1. We are getting new carpet in three bedrooms. Hmmm. Kitten my have accidents.
2. Frank hates all animals of all sects, religions and genders.
3. Trey posted on his blog that he hates cats (and that made me remember that he is allergic to cat hair) I really want him to still come home for visits.

AAARGH. I may have to settle for clean carpet, a good husband and son and a warm blanket.

Do you think??? ...

3 comments:

Joanie said...

Just go into someone's house who has a cat and get a whiff of the litter box and you'll be reminded why cats = bad! I am amazed that the people with those nasty litter box smells don't realize how awful they smell. I guess it's like not being able to smell your own stink...if you ever allow yourself to be stinky.

So...my recommendation is stay away from cats at all costs!

Besides, they have such attitudes!

SubBlogger said...

Joan- you are such a dear dog lover and I respect that. I had a calico cat pre-children and well... The kitty could poop outside some?

Trey Laminack said...

no cats