Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Good Pride

Well I am 2 weeks in to a 3 week marathon of VBS-s . Yippee! are Frank and I having fun. I am bustin' my buttons with pride. We get to see our kids and grandkids more often than ever. I looked and found a wonderful scripture to back up my feelings in II Corinthians 7 "Dear Father, who wills the good of all of your children, May all your holy people open their hearts to each other. Let us have great confidence and pride in one another. "

OK, yes, you're saying my pride is all wound up around my family and myself. But out of this happiness it bounces out to the world around me. I embrace others in the circle of my friendships, and they reach out happily to their friends and so on and so on. Pass it on happens. Good deeds happen. Blogs get read and Blogs get written. I feel pride in Blake Morrison when he says the Governor of Texas. I feel pride for the actors of Saturn Road VBS when they deliver a socko performance. There was an incredible evil queen who could dance quite stunningly. I remember the pride of a first born golden haired son named Ervin Franklin the III, who has become a convincing Childrens Minister. Then there is the third child (I know you think he is the favorite) but just the gentle spirited one who we such a special bond with. Now don't get me started on 4 grandkids! Wow! Of course there is a marriage that has lasted 33 years through some tough tests. We've got plenty to be proud of.

2 comments:

Joanie said...

Thanks for mentioning Lil' Blake. It's hard not to be proud of your own kid, so it feels really good when you know others love your child and are also proud of him!

Danny Sims said...

You know how I feel about Trey... You have plenty of reasons to be proud of your whole family.