Monday, June 27, 2005

Ode to Betty Owen

Just a note of remembrance for Betty Owen. She passed this world into heaven on Saturday. She was an example to all the young ladies of Trail Lake Church of Christ and Altamesa Church of Christ. She was our Bible Class teacher for so many years. She was always so well dressed and her manners were perfect. She never spoke a cross word. I have enjoyed a super friendship with Sharron Owen Drury, where, as teenagers, we were invited to sleep-overs, teas, pool parties and then as we grew older bridal showers. Betty Owen hosted my bridal shower and it was a perfect memory for a 20 year old bride-to-be.

Open up the pearly gate - a pearl of great price - Betty Owen is coming in.

2 comments:

Emily said...

And while you're there, keep those gates open, cause Granny Ruth is coming too. I'm not so good at the Ode's, so I'll just say she was great and always brought a smile to my face when I would see her walking around at all of 5 feet tall just as happy as can be. She will be missed here, but at least Betty has a friend to enter Heaven with.

Jenn said...

thinkin' of you...