Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Miss Patty - Emily - Trey - Spectacular!

Spectacular! Spectacular!
First night jitters hit me as I sat in the audience to see the travels of Moses from his humble birth, bundled down the Nile and escaping into the desert. The spotlight came up at R.H. Church and the singing began!! Wow! The packed audience was swept away to a time long past in ancient Egypt.

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness. The combined talents of so many people in so many ways... A Christian heritage has come full circle. E. D. King and Patty Weaver have given an incredible Christian torch to two incredible (almost grown-up, tee hee) kids to continue a ministry for children and adults as well.

The church entry set the scene for a journey with a wonderful cast, singing, costumes, set, real Baby Bubba Moses, Statue sans Nose, Sound, Big Screen, etc, etc. THE SCRIPT AND THE MUSIC WERE TO DIE FOR. Emily Tate and Trey Laminack, a new generation, are in a league all their own. I couldn't be prouder. OK, enough about the Holbrook genes! These guys are too cool.

Then, quietly homebound, there... lit, 2 billboards in the night sky advertising our kids "Moses" adventure to the Fort Worth area. Call it what you want VBS is here to stay. Oh my goodness, oh my goodness.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

is theirs this week??? oh i wish i could see it! we have to practice ours though. is ed king with patty? did he move to richland hills as well? i am so out of the loop... :(

Emily said...

E.D. isn't at Richland, he just came to see mine and Trey's first stab at this whole VBS thing. Thank you for your vote of confidence M.C. I feel like this thing is my baby - and it could be, I've been working on it longer than an actual pregnancy!

SubBlogger said...

E. D. is still at Altamesa. I just meant that his scripts have inspired this VBS experience. I have to add a RAVE revue to Night 2 to Mrs. Katie McBroom for the incredible Les Mis ensemble song. It brought the house down.

Jenn said...

oh good, i was wondering 'cause i haven't seen him with this one for rehersals. i guess he is taking a much needed break. oh yeah, he didn't write this one. i'm okay... yes, also, to the les miserables song thingy. brings goose bumps to me arms when we are practicing it. i would like to get a copy of the dvd of nrh vbs since i was unable to see it. gotta call patty...

Trey Laminack said...

thank you mommy