Friday, July 08, 2005

Thanks for the memories

Well, formal thank you notes will be coming out following the death of my mom, but I needed to let everyone know how blessed we felt at her funeral. The service by Wade and Frank was so easy to handle, but the songs were what will always ring in my memory. Emily (composed a new song the day before), Patty, Katie and Maggie - you made my mother's service a send off to heaven! That's all I can say, she had a magic carpet ride of songs into the arms of Jesus. I felt comfort and safety with each note. Thank you all.

It is so peculiar losing a tiny woman called Granny Ruth (4 ft, 7 1/2 " at last count) she was shrinking from a stately 4 ft, 11". Love and guilt go mingled down. A daughter and a mother have a strange and wonderful relationship. I have had several calls this week that I immediately thought that I should call Mom and share with her.... then the realization that there was no mom to call. This is going to be tough for some time I guess. I have to trust that God and Jesus are taking good care of Mom, that she is walking on streets of gold, that there is no pain and suffering any more. She definately was a great example of a Christian mother devoted to having her children in attendance at church and learning the Bible, just as she had learned from her parents. Yes, .... they will rise up and call her blessed.

No comments: