Thursday, July 14, 2005

Work is filling up too much of my time

I have figured out that working for a living is wearing me out. I need the money so I work. However, I come home too tired to spend it. I come home and dream of all kinds of projects around the house and make plans of cleaning sprees, reading inspiring books and going shopping and NO... I find myself plopped in my recliner. Luckily I have a trusty husband and a trusty grand-dog Molly (lately) to assist in being a couch potato.

I seem to make it through an eight hour work day just fine. My brain works pretty consistently (fueled by coffee and a one hour lunch). I mostly sit at a computer, work with some great people, make quick trips around the office during the day. My thirty minute commute is spent listening to the radio, but I come home and if I sit down, then I'm probably never getting up again. Exhaustion sets in. A tidal wave of inertia settles on top of me. Prayers and fast asleep.

Now life should be just the opposite with your energy going into some fun stuff during the eight hour day which leaves you happily exhausted at the sun's setting. I see myself a a Maui beach bum surfer at heart, a race horse breeder and rider in Kentucky maybe, a Tibetan monk-ett spending hours in blissful prayer on top of a beautiful mountain, possibly just a photographer for National Geographic around the globe. Yeah that's the ticket.

I need a new vocation or at least a vacation I'd say. Some one put me in a resume to monster.com for new exciting exotic office placement. Have gun will travel.

5 comments:

Danny Sims said...

How about offical Robertson Arkansas Lake House Caretaker?

Danny Sims said...

I should have added this... I'd get up early and sit on that deck for an hour, before anyone else. One or eight cups of coffee later and Jim would join me, then the others. It was soooo great!

Trey Laminack said...

I thought the doctor said you weren't supposed to have guns.

SubBlogger said...

Jennifer- I'm harmonizin' with you and Trey - Dad has the key. How come I didn't get any play on the jockey suggestion?

Lucy Stern said...

I like Danny's suggestion. Yea, I could go for that.