Monday, September 26, 2005

Children and now Grandchildren

You know I decided the day my oldest grand-daughter was born that my mission in her life would be to rarely say "no" to her whenever possible. Teehee. This was dedicated with a twinkle in my eye towards my darling daughter who would most certainly have to say no a lot.

Well, you say 'how's that working out for you?' Great! It is always a pleasure for our grandkids to come and visit. They come for the weekend and we 'take them on the town'. These four kids range in age from nine down to 10 months and so far the sky is the limit. Indulge, indulge, indulge. It's amazing what a trip to Claires and a kid's movie with popcorn and candy can be to a wonderful set of grand-daughters. (Grand-son too young for movies yet.)

OK, yes, it will all change in time, but these young years are so innocent and what are MiMi and Grandy good for? We look through old family photographs and tell stories about our growing up years to the kids sometimes. Our most precious part of the weekend visit is Sunday mornings at church. We pass on our Christian heritage and show them they we believe just as strongly what Mom and Dad are teaching them at home. And HaHa, the "March of Happiness" down the center aisle while Mimi shows off Madison and McKenzie to every member possible is a big part of the morning.


M.C. aka MiMi

1 comment:

Wezie said...

My parents are of the same mindset as you! My kids are totally spoiled. But with that comes the occassional "suggestions" that I should consider when handling my children....You probably don't do that do you?