Wednesday, September 07, 2005

"Gon" to Oregon





Well, last Wednesday afternoon at 2:45 in the afternoon, Travis, or "Traverse" headed for Oregon with his friend Grayson. They elected to travel by Greyhound bus to Cave Junction, Oregon where they arrived at 5:00 am on Saturday morning. They saw our beautiful sprawling America by way of Amarillo, Flagstaff, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Sacramento, and much, much more. A high point reported was several hands of Texas Hold Em during a ten hour lay over in Las Vegas. A low point was a drunk woman aboard at Sacramento.

Grayson is a seasoned traveler and has been to Oregon many times. The information that has slowly been fed to me, the mom, is they will be staying on a goat farm (goat milk, goat cheese, lots of vegetables) and at a neighbor's land where they have lots of acreage where they will be hiking and camping. Their friend Mookie does have a telephone and Travis has called in. This is what has been told to me so far. I will be updating you as I am updated.

I understand now that Grayson is not coming back for a while. This causes me some concern, because Travis was originally coming back in 4 weeks. Now...... he may stay 4-6 weeks ...

OK, this sounds negative, but when I get over my mother's fear, I am so excited for a young man to have this incredible adventure. He and his buddies have camped in Colorado lots of times and he is between jobs right now so this is a perfect time in his life. Seeing America is something that's incredible, they are just north of the California state line and there are scenic trees, rivers and mountains. They will also go to the coast.

Please pray for their safety and I will be giving periodic status posts. - The Mom

2 comments:

Wezie said...

They just grow up too fast don't they? I would have done the exact same thing Travis is doing but instead I left the day after graduation for Ocean City MD where I worked in a juice bar making sprout sandwiches and smoothies. I worked all day, partied all night and watched the sun come over the ocean...the simpicities of youth.

SubBlogger said...

Travis called - They're having a great time. 9/8/2005