Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Not-So-Simple Plan

Well, I just did it! I called George W. Bush. I have a plan. Of course, I got his comment line, but I did get to talk to a nice young man and he listened to my brief synopsis of my plan.

Paraphrased - my statement - " I am a Christian mother, grandmother and support President Bush, but in light of the disaster of Hurricane Katrina, we should take this opportunity to bring home a large portion of our troops from Iraq. We need them here now, for rebuilding because we have a huge undertaking ahead. I know this is very complicated, but this is my suggestion."

I told you it was not simple. M.C.

3 comments:

Trey Laminack said...

I have to say, I completely disagree. Bringing the troops home before the job is finished would be a huge mistake.

Ignoring the outside world caused the Holocaust and 9/11. We have enough resources to handle multiple problems at once.

Anonymous said...

i hate spammers as much as anyone, but at least this one made me laugh. spanish guys, m.c.? i always figured you would go for italians!

SubBlogger said...

I just said "majority" - keep a peace keeping force and training force maybe? I told you its not simple. I understand the concept of fighting them over there instead of over here (like 9/11). It is very complicated. Mom/M.C.